Wednesday 9 May 2018

Violin "virtuosa"...

I am totally a violin virtuosa. *Cough* (Yeah, if that didn't come across, it was heavy sarcasm. I am not good at this.😂)
Just writing a post about my progress. Or stale-gress (ahahaha! Haha! Aaaah.) For Future Maria. So she can laugh at me. Unless Future Maria gives it up. Then, obviously, I am laughing at her. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
That was me. Laughing at you, Future Maria. You suck! 

Moving swiftly on...
The 17th of May, I will have had my violin for 2 months. I am so excited about this. Not for any reason other than observing my own progress. As opposed to the beginning, when I was just floundering around. I am still floundering around, don't get me wrong, but the lessons and stuff is really helping, I feel.
Youtube lessons, that is.
I watch a tutor called Alison Sparrow (I really recommend checking her out. She does piano and violin lessons. She's amazing). She make these very informative videos with exercises and shit to do. AND DOES IT FOR FREE!! She has patreon, though, so if you want to do that, it's all good. But poor people like me will have to support later. I definitely will do. She has helped me to recognise notes in accordance to where my fingers should be on the violin, and after realising that I did one phrase without struggling and looking at the violin, I was so fucking happy.
I didn't realise I had done it until I swapped to a harder exercise. 😁
I cannot recommend her videos enough. She really deserve the highest form of props there is. 

It is so much fun to play. Even if it's really, REALLY fucking frustrating sometimes. Like with the Sherlock (BBC) theme. I've been practising that for ages and I still can't get it right. I feel like I never improve either, so it is getting a little demoralising. Or the Game of Thrones theme. It was my nemesis for a while, but after trying the Sherlock theme, I've forgiven it a little. It's easier in the sense of "newbie notes", but I still struggle with playing in general, really. I still have those lovely screeches if my bow doesn't hit the strings correctly. Which are always fun. I can't help but laugh then. And groan. Because I still can't get it right.😂

I try, now, to practice at LEAST 30 minutes a day. At the beginning I did everything from 5 minutes to an hour, so... It varied a bit.😅
I have new practicing tips too, now, so hopefully there will soon be an improvement.

I WILL CONQUER YOU, "SHERLOCK" AND "GAME OF THRONES"!!! I WILL!!! YOU WILL BE IN MY REPERTOIRE!! 😜

If anyone wants to learn the violin at an adult age, I say go for it. It is so much fun. And even with a dirt-cheap instrument, you CAN learn to play. I am so happy I finally relented and gave it a try. 😊

...But fuck vibrato. Vibrato can go fuck itself. In the neck. With a dull knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment